Costumes


T'ang Dynasty Guardian (Free From the Freer)


I expressed my fascination with the ancient arts of China by making a costume based on this T'ang Dynasty guardian. After finishing the costume I realized I had created some sort of "mascot" for the museum. The picture sequence below is an example of one of the many evasive encounters. (In the first picture the lady is in the center of the bench, as I approach, she maintains her nervous smile. Once as I place myself next to her, she immediately shifts to the end of the bench. I smile at her, trying to reassure her I am harmless.













A Washington, D.C. (Free from the Freer)
Performance and
Costume (Fabric and Acrylic Paint)
May 5, 2008









The Wild Things
Most of the costumes I make are to fulfill a child-like fantasy to embody another being or character in order to engage yourself in another world. It has especially been a dream of mine to become one of Maurice Sendak's Wild Things (mind you, these were made way before the release of Spike Jonze's film).

The Wild Things
Performance and Costumes (Fabric, Leather, Synthetic Clay)
November 7, 2008




and MAX!!!

Ewok
After I graduated from college, I felt antsy to get my hands on another project. A lot of my friends are big Star Wars fans, one is especially enthusiastic about the ewok culture. Check out wookieepedia. They are cute, fuzzy, and get live on the edge of civilization, and if you had the opportunity to hug one, would you ever pass that up? Another friend in NYC invited me to an amazing Halloween party and I saw this as a perfect excuse to make the cuddliest, lovable, surreal, recognizable, and borderline craziest costume ever.





Ewok
Costume (Synthetic clay, leather, Fabric, and hugs)
2009